IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE
DUE TO THE HUGE NUMBER OF TELEPHONE QUERIES THE TELEPHONE LINES INTO THE HEALTH CENTRE ARE EXTREMELY BUSY
OUR LINES ARE NOT DOWN OR BROKEN - OUR STAFF ARE ANSWERING EVERY CALL THAT GETS THROUGH AS QUICKLY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN
PLEASE USE OUR ONLINE SYSTEM TO ORDER PRESCRIPTIONS – MAKING SURE TO ADD YOUR CHOICE OF PHARMACY TO THE ORDER
ADDITIONAL CONTACT NUMBERS FOR CASTLE PRACTICE
07851 962 861
07851 962 863
07851 962 964
07851 963 536
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE BELOW ADVICE RE COVID-19 BEFORE RINGING THE SURGERY
NOTICE TO PATIENTS – 01.05.2020
An update on our current services
Please be aware it will not be possible for us to return to normal patient services until further guidance has been issued by the PHA and Government departments however in the meantime we are trying to facilitate your requests as best we can within the current social distancing guidelines
- PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEEK ADVICE REGARDING MEDICAL PROBLEMS – Your call will be “Triaged” by a GP or Nurse Practitioner and where possible we will try to help you remotely, by telephone, video call or if necessary, only by GP arrangement, by asking you to come to the Health Centre at a specific time.
- AN ARRANGED APPOINTMENT – Should this happen and the GP asks you to attend the Health Centre.
- We will screen all patients entering the building by asking questions in relation to Coronavirus and we will ask to take your temperature with an infrared “No Touch” Thermometer prior to entering the waiting room.
- Please understand this is a small way of ensuring that you can be seen safely by a clinician and you’re helping us to keep the area free from the spread of Coronavirus.
- Your clinician will be wearing PPE for all face to face consultations.
- ORDER PRESCRIPTIONS – ONLINE, TELEPHONE or BY PHARMACY - please remember to nominate a pharmacy when you order – you will not be able to collect prescriptions at reception.
- COVID SYMPTOMS - Patients’ with COVID symptoms should contact NHS 111 in the first instance and isolate at home where advised to do so. Other patients will be asked to contact their GP Practices for clinical management and this may result in a referral by your GP to the local COVID Centre.
- REFERRAL TO A COVID CENTRE - follow this link or information regarding visiting a COVID centre
- SELF ISOLATING - We will not be issuing sick lines – employers are aware of this. If you need to self-isolate PLEASE DO NOT phone the practice requesting a sick line. You should visit this website where you can obtain an 'Isolation Note'.
- MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL BEING DURING THIS TIME
- Northern Emotional Wellbeing Service LINKS counselling service - If you are feeling anxious, low in mood or suffering from mild to moderate mental health difficulties, we're here to help. To set up an appointment for telephone or video counselling, complete our on-line referral form at: www.linkscounselling.com/NEWS or give us a call on 028 38 342 825.
- You do not have to speak with your GP to arrange this.
- HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS
- Your GP cannot effect change in relation to waiting times for appointments, x-rays, reviews. We understand this can be worrying and frustrating but you will be contacted by Hospital appointments when things change in this regard.
- CASTLE PRACTICE STAFF CAPACITY
- In line with social distancing rules we must work within appropriate sized teams across the opening times of the Practice and unfortunately this reduces our staff capacity to deal with your requests – we ask for your patience and understanding.
The Doctors, Nurses and Admin staff appreciate your support and thank you for your kind actions and the grateful words of encouragement we have received during this time.
COVID-19 - Stay at Home Guidance - Link
(Site updated 27/05/2020)