PLEASE NOTE NEW ARRANGEMENTS FOR FLU CLINICS 2020-21
Flu Clinic Appointments will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for Castle Practice.
TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT please ring one of the following numbers AFTER 1:30 PM any weekday or email us to arrange a call back - email@example.com
07851 962 861
07851 962 863
07581 962 964
07851 963 536
PLEASE DO NOT RING IN THE MORNING AS WE NEED TO KEEP THE LINES FREE FOR THE DAILY URGENT MEDICAL CONSULTATIONS AND REQUESTS
YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL US TO REQUEST A CALL BACK TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT ON firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the ongoing COVID19 Pandemic and to keep patients and staff safe the clinics will be different this year, they will not be in the usual GP corridor rooms.
DO NOT ATTEND THE FRONT ENTRANCE OF THE HEALTH CENTRE for your flu clinic appointment. Please attend via the ENTRANCE AT THE BACK OF THE HEALTH CENTRE – DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING UNTIL A MEMBER OF STAFF MEETS YOU AT THIS DOOR.
- Please arrive on time, not early or late, to allow for efficient flow through the building and to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Where possible, remain in your car until a few minutes before your appointment time and only approach the back door at this point.
- The member of staff meeting you at the door will give you further instructions.
- Unless attending with a family group for vaccination, please attend alone.
- Please wear a face covering at all times.
- Adhere to all current social distancing rules.
- Once inside the building please remove any outdoor clothing in readiness for your vaccine.
DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE A COUGH; TEMPERATURE OR ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID19 WE WILL BE HAPPY TO REARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT
IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE
DUE TO THE HUGE NUMBER OF TELEPHONE QUERIES THE TELEPHONE LINES INTO THE HEALTH CENTRE ARE EXTREMELY BUSY
OUR LINES ARE NOT DOWN OR BROKEN - OUR STAFF ARE ANSWERING EVERY CALL THAT GETS THROUGH AS QUICKLY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN
PLEASE USE OUR ONLINE SYSTEM TO ORDER PRESCRIPTIONS – MAKING SURE TO ADD YOUR CHOICE OF PHARMACY TO THE ORDER
ADDITIONAL CONTACT NUMBERS FOR CASTLE PRACTICE
07851 962 861
07851 962 863
07851 962 964
07851 963 536
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE BELOW ADVICE RE COVID-19 BEFORE RINGING THE SURGERY
NOTICE TO PATIENTS – 09.09.20
An update on our current services
Please be aware it will not be possible for us to return to normal patient services until further guidance has been issued by the PHA and Government departments however in the meantime we are trying to facilitate your requests as best we can within the current social distancing guidelines
FLU CLINICS 2020/21
We will provide information regarding flu clinics and how they can be booked as soon as we have clarification of a delivery date for vaccine.
Please do not contact us to try to book an appointment yet, we’ll let you know when we have appointments in place to book. We need to put safe process in place for all.
Public Information from the HSCB 07.09.20
NEW WAYS OF WORKING
Information re New ways of working but GP practices still open, protecting and caring - please click here
MINOR AILMENTS SCHEME
The Community Pharmacy MINOR AILMENTS SCHEME is now available again whereby you can request medication and advice from your pharmacy for the conditions listed in the attachment: Minor Ailments List
From 10 August 2020 the use of face coverings when you are in a public area indoors, such as in a shop when social distancing is not possible, will be mandatory. You must also wear a face covering on public transport. From 10 August 2020 it will be mandatory to wear a face covering in a shop or shopping centre, or any indoor public space where it is not possible to maintain social distancing.
Face coverings must be worn in the Health Centre.
Due to supply issues we are unable to provide these for patients.
Please click here for further information in relation to face coverings. https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-face-coverings
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SEEK ADVICE REGARDING MEDICAL PROBLEMS – Your call will be “Triaged” by a GP or Nurse Practitioner and where possible we will try to help you remotely, by telephone, video call or if necessary, only by GP arrangement, by asking you to come to the Health Centre at a specific time.
AN ARRANGED APPOINTMENT – Should this happen and the GP asks you to attend the Health Centre:-
- The GP or Nurse arranging the appointment will ask you to remain in your car in the Health Centre Car Park, at the time of the allocated appointment.
- The GP or Nurse will then ring you when they are free to see you and ask you to proceed to the front entrance of the building.
- Please do not leave the car or approach the building before receiving this call.
- We will then screen all patients entering the building by asking questions in relation to Coronavirus and we will ask to take your temperature with an infrared "No Touch" thermometer prior to entering the waiting room.
- Please understand this is a small way of ensuring that you can be seen safely by a clinician and you're helping us to keep the area free from the spread of Coronavirus.
- Your clinician will be wearing PPE for all face to face consultations.
- We would respectfully request that all patients attending the Health Centre for consultations with any clinician wear a facemask.
- Due to supply issues we cannot supply these for patients.
ORDER PRESCRIPTIONS – ONLINE, TELEPHONE or BY PHARMACY - please remember to nominate a pharmacy when you order - you will not be able to collect prescriptions at reception.
COVID SYMPTOMS - Patients’ with COVID symptoms should contact NHS 111 in the first instance and isolate at home where advised to do so. Other patients will be asked to contact their GP Practices for clinical management and this may result in a referral by your GP to the local COVID Centre. Patients can also contact NHS 119 directly to arrange a COVID Test if necessary.
REFERRAL TO A COVID CENTRE - follow this link or information regarding visiting a COVID centre
Visiting a COVID Centre
SELF ISOLATING - We will not be issuing sick lines – employers are aware of this. If you need to self-isolate PLEASE DO NOT phone the practice requesting a sick line. You should visit this website where you can obtain an Isolation Note
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL BEING DURING THIS TIME
- Northern Emotional Wellbeing Service LINKS counselling service - If you are feeling anxious, low in mood or suffering from mild to moderate mental health difficulties, we're here to help. To set up an appointment for telephone or video counselling, complete our on-line referral form at: Links Counselling Service or give us a call on 028 38 342 825.
- You do not have to speak with your GP to arrange this.
- The Minding Your Head website contains information to help you look after your own mental health and to support others. It contains a directory of mental health services in Northern Ireland, as well as links to online support such as the HSC Apps Library, which provides a range of safe and approved apps for you to download for support with issues such as stress and sleep management.
- Free online Stress Control classes are also available for everyone. Each session repeats four times to enable ease of access, with the latest block of classes starting on 8 June 2020. For further information visit:
- Minding Your Head
- If you are concerned about your mental health and would like to speak to someone, you can talk to your GP, or if you are in distress or despair, you can call Lifeline on 0808 808 8000 where you can speak to a trained counsellor. This service is available 24/7 and is free from all NI landlines and mobiles.
- FREE ONLINE STRESS CONTROL COURSE - please see the link to the next stress control online course, which is starting Monday 8th June 2020. 6,000 people attended the first online run with great feedback from attendees. Anyone can register for the course for free at NI Stress Control
Your GP cannot effect change in relation to waiting times for appointments, x-rays, reviews. We understand this can be worrying and frustrating but you will be contacted by Hospital appointments when things change in this regard.
PATIENT TESTING – To improve surveillance of COVID we advise all patients with symptoms to request a test. Tests can be arranged - click on NHS - Ask for a Coronavirus Test. There is further information on PHA website. Patients can also ring 119 directly to arrange a coronavirus test.
CARER ID CARDS – New ID cards will be issued to registered Carers and will be issued by Trusts over the next two weeks. These can be used by carers for priority access to supermarkets. More information is available for carers regarding the carers co-ordinators and issuing of cards at this link Carer ID Cards
TEST TRACE PROTECT –
Throughout the pandemic, your support in following public health guidelines has been vital in reducing the spread of coronavirus. By doing so, you have saved lives. As ‘lockdown’ restrictions are eased, we face the risk of a second wave of infection. We can all help minimise that risk by continuing to support public health measures to control the spread, such as testing and contact tracing.
The Public Health Agency will launch a new public information campaign TEST TRACE PROTECT on Monday 6th July 2020. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the symptoms of Coronavirus and encourage individuals who are symptomatic to follow the appropriate steps including:
- Helping with contact tracing
- Self-isolating when advised
Click here for a detailed information leaflet
INFORMATION LINKS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
COVID 19 REGULATIONS, GUIDANCE
ADVICE FOR VULNERABLE PEOPLE
VISITING A COVID CENTRE
ARRANGE A COVID TEST
TEST TRACE PROTECT
CASTLE PRACTICE STAFF CAPACITY
In line with social distancing rules we must work within appropriate sized teams across the opening times of the Practice and unfortunately this reduces our staff capacity to deal with your requests – we ask for your patience and understanding.
The Doctors, Nurses and Admin staff appreciate your support and thank you for your kind actions and the grateful words of encouragement we have received during this time.
COVID-19 - Stay at Home Guidance - Link
(Site updated 25/09/2020)