Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations we are pleased to be able to offer a wide range of specialist services and clinics including the following:
- Child health and vaccinations - pre-school examinations are also carried out prior to starting school and will include booster vaccinations. Please telephone reception to make an appointment.
- Smoking cessation - the practice promotes a non smoking lifestyle, advice and help are available from our Smoking Cessation clinic.
- Flu and pneumonia vaccinations - available each autumn for people with chronic illness and for the elderly.
- Antenatal clinics - these clinics run on Wednesdays and are run by the midwives.
- Postnatal clinics - The postnatal clinic is available for mothers with 8 week old babies and is held on Fridays. This appointment offers a postnatal check up, contraceptive advice, full infant examination and the baby’s first set of vaccinations at one consultation.
- Family planning services - all the GPs provide family planning services, including the fitting of IUCD’s (coils) during normal appointments and provide maternity services (excluding delivery).
- Asthma - the practice runs a weekly asthma clinic in conjunction with the GP's. Ask a patient services advisor to make an appointment for you.
- Chronic heart disease clinic - run by the practice nurse and the GP's.
- Hypertension - this nurse and GP led clinic runs weekly, ask a patient services advisor to make an appointment for you.
- Diabetes - the clinic runs weekly, ask a patient services advisor to make an appointment for you. Patients already attending this clinic will be automatically called for regular review.
- Epilepsy - a GP led clinic.
- Weight management clinic
- Travel clinic
- Treatment room - this is run by Northern Health & Social Care Trust and is open from 08:30 -12:30 and 13:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. An appointment system is in place and patients need to pre-book through Reception.