We do our best to provide a quick and responsive service to patients calling the Practice. We open as many lines as possible and use all available staff within our resources, particularly at peak times.
Each week we receive around 2,500-3,000 calls through appointments and prescription lines, with the highest demand on Mondays, Fridays and following Public/Bank Holidays. The telephone lines are less busy after 10:30 am, and you should get a quicker reponse.
Our phones are busy as soon as they are opened daily.
As patients, you could help us to improve access via telephone by...
Not using the Emergency Line unless you have a Medical Emergency
Calling at less busy times
Using alternative methods of contact (ie online)
- Choosing the correct option once through...
- (1) - Appointments - 8.30 am - 11.30 am
- (2) - Medical Emergencies and House Calls
- (3) - Prescriptions - 9:30am-11:30am and 2:00pm-3.30pm
- (4) - Results - 1:30pm-3:30pm
- (5) - General Enquries 8.30 am - 12:30 am and 1.30 pm - 3.30 pm
- (6) - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org - PLEASE DO NOT SEND AN EMAIL FOR ANY URGENT OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE