CASTLE PRACTICE WILL BE CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATE:
Wednesday 9th October 2019 from 1:00 pm
If you require urgent medical care, which cannot wait until we re-open the following day, please contact Castle Practice Emergency Line
on 028 9331 5804
Please click here for information regarding our future closure dates and out of hours access
Castle Practice 2019-20 Flu Clinics have now started
They will run from the end of September throughout the Winter months
If you are eligible (click here for eligible patient information as per the Department of Health) please contact reception to arrange your appointment
Please click here for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions in relation to the Flu Vaccine and the Shingles Vaccine
Useful Flu Information Websites
CASTLE PRACTICE MESSAGE FOR OUR PATIENTS REGARDING OUR APPOINTMENTS
OUR APPOINTMENT SYSTEM EXPLAINED
- There will no longer be a “book opening date”
- All Appointment requests will be assessed by the Doctor or our Nurse Practitioner.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
- When you request an appointment the receptionist/Patient service advisor will ask you some questions about your symptoms on behalf of the Doctor. **The Doctor needs as much information as possible to assess your problem! Your request will be dealt with faster if you pass this information on to the Patient service advisor, they are bound by confidentiality and are here to assist you with our services**
- The Patient service advisor will then ask you which of the following you require;
- An emergency appointment (Today. The issue cannot wait!)
- A telephone call with advice or a prescription
- A general appointment (Within the next 7-10 working days)
These details (You have given to the Patient Service Advisor) will be reviewed by a GP/Nurse Practitioner and you will either;
- Receive a call from reception regarding an emergency appointment.
- Receive a call from reception with a general appointment sometime in the near future.
- Receive a call from the GP re advice or discussion regarding your symptoms.
- PLEASE NOTE OUR PATIENT SERVICE ADVISORS ARE HERE TO ADVISE YOU OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE PRACTICE AND THE BEST WAY TO USE THEM. THEY REQUIRE MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN SIMPLY ANSWERING CALLS AND DIRECTING PATIENTS AT THE FRONT DESK, THEY ARE TRAINED TO PROVIDE AN INVALUABLE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ROLE TO YOUR DOCTORS AND NURSES AND ARE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR HEALTHCARE AT THE PRACTICE – THEY ARE HERE TO ASSIST YOU WITH PRACTICE PROCESSES, PLEASE BE KIND, IT CAN BE A VERY BUSY JOB AT TIMES. THEY ARE PART OF A GREAT TEAM WHO ALL WANT THE BEST FOR YOU AS PATIENT’S AND STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE CARE
We have introduced this system as a safe way of ensuring that those who require medical care have the best access we can currently provide due to the constraints of the shortage of GP appointments.
The GP appointments will be spread across the normal surgery hours 8.30 am – 3.20 pm Monday and Friday/8.30 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
NEW TELEPHONE AND RECEPTION DESK HOURS
Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm - 5.30 pm
Appointment Bookings – On the Day Appointments and General - 028 9331 5805
Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 11.30 am
Prescription telephone orders - 028 9331 5802
We would encourage patients to use online ordering where possible for your own convenience (www.castlepractice.co.uk)
Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 11.30 am and 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Telephone queries and other issues 028 9331 5805
Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm – 3.30 pm
Should you have a medical emergency outside of these hours contact;
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm; 3.30 pm – 5.30 pm; Castle Practice - 028 9331 5804
5.30pm onwards; Dalriada Urgent Care - 028 2566 3500
NEW SERVICE FOR PATIENTS
**UPDATE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS**
CASTLE PRACTICE TEXTING AND EMAIL SERVICE
Our new service will go live from January 2019
- We will at times use TEXTs or E-Mails to contact you regarding routine Appointments or reviews
- If you suffer from a long-term condition such as Diabetes, Cardio problems, Asthma, COPD or Hypertensions we may TEXT or E-mail you regarding your review appointment.
- If your bloods are monitored on a regular basis we may TEXT or E-Mail you a reminder
- We may contact you by TEXT or E-Mail to contact you regarding non urgent results
- We will send you reminders regarding booking your annual Flu Vaccine
- We will TEXT you if you have DNA (DID NOT ATTEND) please see our DNA Appointment Practice Policy here
- All contacts will be made by Reception with patients on the instruction of the GP or Practice Manager
- The TEXT/E-Mail system is confidential and will not contain any details of your medical record
- You can opt out of our text system if you wish by contacting us
- Why not sign up for online prescription orders and help to cut down on phone time (you can do this by clicking on the Online Options section at the bottom of this page)
WONDERING WHY YOU ARE HAVING TO WAIT LONGER FOR ROUTINE APPOINTMENTS???!!
Patients not attending is becoming a chronic problem!
KEEP OR CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENTS, DO NOT FORGET THEM!!
Over 250!! appointment slots are wasted each month due to patients not attending or cancelling them.
This not only wastes the appointment time on the day, it also clogs up the phones with these 250+ people ringing, to book the appointments, which they then do not attend.
The Castle Practice introduced a “DNA Policy” (Did Not Attend or Does Not Arrive) in 2014. Please read and familiarise yourself with this policy as we have, and will, enforce it.
Castle Practice - D.N.A. Policy
As you can see from the Policy we have numerous options, including texting and online links, to help you cancel your appointment, in adequate time for someone else to use it.
(Site updated 02/10/2019)