If you are a nominated Carer for a patient who is unable to contact the Practice directly, please make yourself known to a Patient Services Advisor who will provide a pro-forma for you to complete to enable us to flag your information on the said patients medical record.
This will enable us to liaise openly with yourself and provide you with access to other agencies on behalf of the patient you care for. For example, occupational and social services.
Alternatively, you can print, and complete, the form here and leave with reception.
***WE ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING A CARERS REVIEW CLINIC***
CARING FOR CARERS!
DO YOU CARE FOR OR LOOK AFTER SOMEONE?
- THE DEMANDS OF BEING A CARER CAN AFFECT A PERSON’S QUALITY OF LIFE INCLUDING THEIR HEALTH.
- WE TRY TO IDENTIFY CARERS AND SUPPORT THEM IN THEIR ROLE BY PROVIDING AN ANNUAL HEALTH CARE REVIEW TO ENSURE THAT HEALTH NEEDS ARE BEING ADDRESSED.
- Contact reception on 028 9331 5805 to arrange an appointment.
Local Support Group Carrickfergus - Contact Lyn Campbell to find out more on 028 9043 9843 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The group meets as follows:
- Carrickfergus - 1st Tuesday of every month at 10am in the Miskimmon Suite, Old Town Hall, Antrim Street, Carrickfergus
- The Groups meet every month except July and August.
USEFUL CONTACTS FOR LOCAL SUPPORT
Carers UK – Northern Ireland
Telephone: 028 9043 9843
Young Carers – Northern Ireland
Telephone: 028 9046 0500
Cross Roads – Caring for Carers Northern Ireland
Telephone: 028 9181 4455
Belfast Carers Centre
Telephone: 028 9073 0173
Family Support NI
Telephone: 0845 600 6483
An online booklet with information for carers –
DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE MEDICAL RECORDS OF THE PERSON YOU CARE FOR? WITH THEIR PERMISSION THIS IS POSSIBLE, CHECK WITH OUR RECEPTION STAFF FOR AN ACCESS TO RECORDS FORM AND RETURN IT TO THE PRACTICE.
HAVE YOU HAD A FLU VACCINE? YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THIS AS A CARER